Today's Water-Logged And Getting Wetter Stock: Kellogg (K)
- K has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $78.6 million.
- K has traded 342,522 shares today.
- K traded in a range 221.6% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.53.
- K traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 127 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 127 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in K with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for K NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on K: Kellogg Company, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets ready-to-eat cereal and convenience food products primarily in the United States and the United Kingdom. The company operates through U.S. Morning Foods, U.S. Snacks, U.S. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. K has a PE ratio of 12.4. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Kellogg a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Kellogg has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Kellogg has a market cap of $23.3 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 0.51 and a short float of 1.6% with 2.91 days to cover. Shares are up 4.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Kellogg as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Food Products industry. The net income increased by 30.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $311.00 million to $406.00 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Food Products industry and the overall market, KELLOGG CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 44.07% is the gross profit margin for KELLOGG CO which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 10.84% is above that of the industry average.
- KELLOGG CO has improved earnings per share by 31.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KELLOGG CO increased its bottom line by earning $4.95 versus $2.68 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 19.6% in earnings ($3.98 versus $4.95).
- K, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.1%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Kellogg Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.