Cooper Companies (COO) Reaches New Lifetime High Today
- COO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $125.9 million.
- COO has traded 51,556 shares today.
- COO is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in COO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for COO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on COO: The Cooper Companies, Inc. operates as a medical device company worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0%. COO has a PE ratio of 26.6. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Cooper Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cooper Companies has been 542,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cooper Companies has a market cap of $7.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of -0.05 and a short float of 7.3% with 5.17 days to cover. Shares are up 31.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cooper Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 26.76% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, COO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- COOPER COMPANIES INC has improved earnings per share by 6.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, COOPER COMPANIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $5.96 versus $5.06 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.89 versus $5.96).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry average. The net income increased by 5.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $75.14 million to $79.16 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- COO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.13 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.22, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full Cooper Companies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.