-Expanding installed base and increased utilization fueled materials revenue growth of 30%
-Higher demand for design and manufacturing printers drove a 126% unit sales increase for the category
-Increased revenue guidance on strong business fundamentals and recent announcements-Improving enterprise-wide synergies delivered $19 million of cash from operations ROCK HILL, S.C., July 31, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 3D Systems Corporation (NYSE:DDD) announced today that its second quarter revenue grew $30.7 million, or 25%, from the prior year to $151.5 million on strong demand for its design and manufacturing printers, materials and services, resulting in second quarter GAAP earnings of $0.02 per share and non-GAAP earnings of $0.16 per share. Organic growth amounted to 10% as additional orders-in-hand, including $23.1 million of printer orders, a 29% sequential increase over the March backlog for printers, expanded the company's second quarter total backlog to a record $31.9 million. "We are pleased that unit sales of our design and manufacturing printers increased 126% and helped fuel a 30% increase in materials revenue. We believe that the record order book that we exited the quarter with reflects the vibrancy of our business and our organic growth trajectory," said Avi Reichental, 3DS' President and Chief Executive Officer. Second Quarter 2014 Revenue Highlights (compared to second quarter 2013):
- Design and manufacturing revenue increased 28% to $144.2 million on a 126% increase in units sold.
- Growing installed base and increased printer utilization fueled materials revenue growth of 30%.
- Expanding services menu contributed to a 38% increase in services revenue.
- Delayed new products availability held consumer revenue to $7.4 million, but didn't impede higher consumer bookings of an additional $7.7 million.
- Healthcare revenue increased 46% to $27.5 million from expanding services and capabilities.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts