RAIT Financial Trust (“RAIT”) (NYSE:RAS) today announced second quarter 2014 financial results.
- Cash Available for Distribution (“CAD”) per share increased 41.2% to $0.24 for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 from $0.17 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
- Total revenues grew 25.1% to $73.3 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 from $58.6 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
- On June 12, 2014, RAIT declared a second quarter 2014 common dividend of $0.18 per share, representing a 38% increase from the second quarter 2013 common dividend of $0.13 per common share. The second quarter common dividend record date was July 11, 2014 and was paid on July 31, 2014.
CRE Loan Portfolio
- Investments in mortgages and loans increased 17.9% to $1.32 billion at June 30, 2014 from $1.12 billion at December 31, 2013.
- RAIT originated $246.3 million of loans during the quarter ended June 30, 2014 consisting of $112.8 million bridge loans, $119.7 million conduit loans and $13.8 million mezzanine loans. RAIT originated $470.8 million of loans for the six-month period ended June 30, 2014.
- RAIT sold $46.9 million of conduit loans during the quarter ended June 30, 2014 which generated $2.8 million of fee income.
- Based upon properties owned as of June 30, 2014, average effective rent per unit per month in RAIT’s multifamily portfolio increased 7.5% to $799 for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 from $743 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
- As of June 30, 2014, RAIT’s investments in real estate increased 30% to $1.3 billion from $1.0 billion at December 31, 2013.
- Rental income increased 41% to $39.2 million during the quarter ended June 30, 2014 from $27.9 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2013 driven largely by the acquisition of 16 properties subsequent to June 30, 2013 which generated $10.6 million of rental income during the quarter ended June 30, 2014.
- Assets under management increased 47% to $5.3 billion at June 30, 2014 from $3.6 billion at December 31, 2013 due primarily to inclusion of third party retail properties managed by RAIT’s retail-focused property manager beginning in 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV