NEWTON, Mass., July 31, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- TripAdvisor®, the world's largest travel site*, today announced the launch of the TripAdvisor TV Ad Contest, its first-ever user-generated ad contest. Everyone from video amateurs to filmmakers is encouraged to submit a short video in the spirit of TripAdvisor's "Don't Just Visit" commercials between Friday, August 1 and Sunday, August 31. The contest winner will earn a grand prize of $25,000 and a chance to see their ad air on television. TripAdvisor will also award five runner-up prizes of $1,000 with winning videos shared on TripAdvisor social media channels.
The TripAdvisor "Don't Just Visit" ads, launched in May, showcase the benefits of using TripAdvisor for travel planning and what can go wrong when it's not used. As a user-generated travel site, it is a natural extension for TripAdvisor to engage its community – allowing travelers to share their own experiences through personal versions of the ads.
"No one knows better than our community of millions of travelers how TripAdvisor makes a vacation great," said Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor. "Travelers love sharing their experiences on TripAdvisor, so we're excited to get their take on our 'Don't Just Visit' ads by asking them to share their travel stories in a creative new way, with one winning story to air on TV."
The TV ad contest will allow travelers to submit short videos that can be turned into a 15 or 30 second TV ad. Submissions will be accepted in lengths of 11 or 26 seconds, in order to leave time for the four second ending.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV