Generac Holdings Inc. (NYSE: GNRC) (the “Company”), a leading designer and manufacturer of power generation equipment and other engine powered products, today reported financial results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2014.
Second Quarter 2014 Highlights
- Net sales increased over the prior year by 4.6% to $362.6 million as compared to $346.7 million in the second quarter of 2013.
- Commercial & Industrial (C&I) product sales increased 22.5% to $163.5 million as compared $133.4 million in the prior-year second quarter, primarily due to the contribution of recent acquisitions and continued strength in the oil & gas market.
- Residential product sales were $179.6 million during the second quarter of 2014 as compared to $196.6 million in the prior year quarter. The prior year second quarter benefited from approximately $40 million in shipments due to Superstorm Sandy. Excluding this prior year benefit, residential product sales increased approximately 15% primarily as a result of strong home standby generator shipments.
- Net income during the second quarter of 2014 was $54.0 million, or $0.77 per share, as compared to $28.3 million, or $0.40 per share, for the same period of 2013.
- Adjusted net income, as defined in the accompanying reconciliation schedules, was $57.1 million, or $0.82 per share, as compared to $66.6 million, or $0.95 per share, in the second quarter of 2013.
- Adjusted EBITDA, as defined in the accompanying reconciliation schedules, was $84.5 million as compared to $90.1 million in the second quarter last year.
- Cash flow from operations in the second quarter of 2014 was $48.9 million as compared to $36.1 million in the prior year quarter. Free cash flow, as defined in the accompanying reconciliation schedules, was $40.5 million as compared to $30.3 million in the second quarter of 2013.
- For the trailing four quarters, including the second quarter of 2014, net sales were $1.444 billion; net income was $184.3 million; adjusted EBITDA was $365.7 million; cash flow from operations was $270.9 million; and free cash flow was $236.9 million.
“Our second quarter results for residential products were seasonally higher as we saw shipments increase as compared to the first quarter of 2014 due to strength in home standby generators. We remain focused on a number of key initiatives to continue to grow the market, further building on our leadership position in this product category,” said Aaron Jagdfeld, President and Chief Executive Officer. “C&I products continue to represent a growing portion of our sales as we have recently increased our exposure to new markets such as oil & gas, broadened our industrial product line, and strengthened our industrial distribution network to further diversify our business. We also continue to convert a significant amount of our earnings to free cash flow, providing us with the flexibility to drive our Powering Ahead strategic plan forward.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV