KYOTO, Japan, July 31, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nidec Corporation (NYSE:NJ) today announced that one of its consolidated subsidiaries, Nidec Tosok Corporation ("Nidec Tosok"), has completed the purchase of land in the state of San Luis Potosi, Mexico, for a planned construction of NIDEC TOSOK de MEXICO, S.A. de C.V. ("New Company") established in May 2014. The New Company slated for construction will mainly undertake the manufacture of automatic transmission control valves targeted at the North American automobile market.
- Company name: NIDEC TOSOK de MEXICO, S.A. de C.V.
- Location: San Luis Potosi, the United Mexican States
- Representative Director and President: Tetsuya Ichikawa
- Establishment: May 2014
- Line of business: Manufacturing of control valves for automobiles' automatic transmission
- Capital: 1.6 billion yen (entirely invested by Nidec Tosok)
- Planned investments: 4.5 billion yen for Phase 1 (of a 3-phase construction plan totaling 15 billion yen)
- Number of employees: Approximately 800 for Phase 1 (and up to 3,000 after the completion of Phase 3)
- Total site area: 87,500 square meters
- Factory area: 13,000 square meters (Phase 1)
CONTACT: Masahiro Nagayasu General Manager Investor Relations +81-75-935-6140 email@example.com