EUR/USD Pin Bar Could Push Price Higher Before Downtrend Resumes
EUR/USD - Euro/dollar pin bar could lead to a retrace higher
The EUR/USD showed some rejection of lower prices today as it formed a bullish pin bar (a price bar with a long lower tail or wick, showing rejection of lower prices).
Given that the market has fallen considerably lower in recent weeks and it's starting to show signs of at least a short-term bottom here, we could see it retrace higher in the coming days, back up toward resistance, before the downtrend resumes. If the market does push higher from today's pin bar, we can then keep an eye on resistance up near 1.3500 for potential sell signals to rejoin the downtrend.
Copyright 2014 -- LeanToTradeTheMarket.com Follow @NialFuller This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV