- Kitchen & Bath Cabinetry sales were up 19 percent. Sales included strong increases in the dealer channel from continued share gains and strength in repair and remodel volume and mix. Operating income before charges/gains increased 31 percent to $46 million.
- Plumbing & Accessories sales increased 5 percent, led by growth in the U.S. wholesale channel and international. Operating income before charges/gains increased 26 percent.
- Advanced Material Windows & Door Systems sales were up 9 percent. Entry doors sales were up 11 percent and windows sales were up 7 percent to the prior year. Operating income before charges/gains for the segment increased 53 percent.
- Security & Storage sales decreased 5 percent. Within the segment, security sales increased 1 percent and tool storage sales decreased 21 percent, which resulted in lower operating income before charges/gains.
Fortune Brands Reports Sales And EPS For Q2; Updates 2014 Annual Outlook; Announces Acquisition And Share Repurchases
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts