NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Yelp Inc. (YELP) are higher by 8.06% to $81.69 in after-hours trading on Wednesday, after the company reported net income for the 2014 second quarter was $2.7 million, or 4 cents per share, compared to a net loss of -$0.9 million, or one cent per share for the year ago period.
The business review website said adjusted EBITDA for the most recent quarter was $17.2 million, compared to $7.8 million, for the 2013 second quarter.
Yelp's net revenue was $88.8 million for the 2014 second quarter versus $55 million for the year ago quarter.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates YELP INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate YELP INC (YELP) a SELL. This is driven by several weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its disappointing return on equity." YELP data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV