HOUSTON, July 30, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cardtronics, Inc. (Nasdaq:CATM) (the "Company"), the world's largest retail ATM owner, today announced its financial and operational results for the quarter ended June 30, 2014.
Key financial statistics in the second quarter of 2014 as compared to the second quarter of 2013 include:
- Total revenues of $260.0 million, up 25% from $208.0 million.
- ATM operating revenues of $252.1 million, up 24% from $203.6 million.
- Adjusted Net Income per diluted share of $0.61, up 24% from $0.49.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $64.9 million, up 20% from $53.9 million.
- GAAP net income of $14.0 million or $0.31 per diluted share compared to $15.3 million or $0.33 per diluted share in the second quarter of 2013.
Steve Rathgaber, the company's chief executive officer commented, "Cardtronics once again delivered another quarter with strong performances on both the top line and bottom line, and with growth coming from several key parts of our business. Additionally, we are very excited about our recent announcement of the acquisition of Welch ATM, which we expect to close later in the third quarter. Welch is a well-run ATM operator with many talented employees that will provide some new competencies to help us continue to grow with both retail merchants and financial institutions."RECENT HIGHLIGHTS
- The announcement of the acquisition of Welch ATM, a leading ATM operator in the United States. The acquisition is expected to close later in the third quarter, subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approval.
- Successful execution of a contract with Petro-Canada to provide managed services to more than 500 locations in Canada and an expansion of an existing relationship with CIBC to brand these locations.
- Expansion of our relationship with CVS, a leading U.S. drug store chain, with the addition of 375 locations.
- Expansion of our relationship with BI-LO/Winn-Dixie, a U.S. grocery store chain, with the addition of 240 BI-LO locations.
- Execution of an agreement with Fresh & Easy, a neighborhood supermarket brand, to place approximately 167 ATMs in its stores.
- Expansion of our relationship with Kroger, a leading U.S. grocery store chain, with the addition of 116 locations.
- Successful execution of a contract with Central England Co-op, a leading grocery store chain in the United Kingdom, covering over 200 high-transacting ATMs.
- Successful private offering of $250 million of 5.125% senior notes due 2022.