3 Stocks Pushing The Real Estate Industry Lower
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Management & Development industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 56.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.05 million to $0.02 million.
- The gross profit margin for GLADSTONE LAND CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 31.45%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.39% trails that of the industry average.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 25.04%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 100.00% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- GLADSTONE LAND CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GLADSTONE LAND CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$0.19 versus $0.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.07 versus -$0.19).
- Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Management & Development industry and the overall market, GLADSTONE LAND CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts