NEW YORK (Stockpickr) -- At Stockpickr, we track the top holdings of a variety of high-profile investors, such as Warren Buffett and Carl Icahn.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's Top 10 Dividend Stocks
One of our most popular professional portfolios is that of George Soros' Soros Fund Management. Keeping in mind that Soros Fund Management conducts hundreds of transactions every quarter -- in the most recently reported quarter, for example, the firm increased its stake or purchased new positions in close to 200 stocks -- we thought we'd single out some of its recent top buys.What follows is a closer look at 10 of the 30 holdings that Stockpickr tracks in its George Soros portfolio. These stocks saw position increases of 60% or more in the most recently reported quarter ended Sept. 30. 10. Tibco Software Tibco Software (TIBX) comprises 1% of Soros' portfolio as of the most recently reported quarter. The 5.9 million-share position is an increase of 134,016 shares, or 2.3%, over the previous quarter. TheStreet Ratings team rates Tibco Software as a hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings team has this to say about its recommendation:
"We rate Tibco Software (TIBX) a hold. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- TIBX's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.60 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that TIBX's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.85 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- The gross profit margin for Tibco Software is currently very high, coming in at 72.55%. Regardless of TIBX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TIBX's net profit margin of 1.02% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$9.21 million or 115.79% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, Tibco Software's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts