RICHMOND, Va., July 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- In an online report released today, Dominion (NYSE: D) says that 50 percent of the electricity it produced from its fleet of power stations in 2013 came from carbon-free nuclear and renewable energy. In addition, the company's generation fleet saw a 24 percent reduction in carbon intensity – the carbon emissions rate per unit of electric output – from 2009 to 2013.
These are highlighted in Dominion's seventh annual C itizenship & Sustainability Report ( CSR), which focuses on the company's 2013 social, economic and environmental performance and progress.
The comprehensive report is available online at www.dominioncsr.com.
Other 2013 performance highlights featured in the report include:
- A 33 percent increase in customer participation in Dominion Virginia Power's Green Power program;
- The addition of more than 200 megawatts of renewable energy capacity – enough to power 50,000 homes;
- $393 million spent with diverse suppliers, exceeding the company's goal by about 4 percent;
- $15 million in charitable gifts from the Dominion Foundation to more than 1,000 nonprofit organizations; and
- A $500,000 environmental grant program to help preserve wetlands, plant trees, protect natural habitats, and monitor water quality, among other things.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts