NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of American Tower Corp. (AMT) are climbing higher by 3.32% to $95.42 in early afternoon trading on Wednesday, after the company reported an increase in net income for the 2014 second quarter to $230 million, or 58 cents per share, compared to the $99.8 million, or 25 cents per share reported for the same period last year.
The wireless and broadcast communications infrastructure company said its surge in second quarter profit is due to "strong global demand for our tower space."
American Tower's total revenue grew by 27.5% for the 2014 second quarter to $1.03 billion versus $808.8 million for the 2013 second quarter.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates AMERICAN TOWER CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate AMERICAN TOWER CORP (AMT) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results."
AMT data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV