But it turns out people are not focused as much on that and are instead looking at unregistered users, which could number more than 500 million. New CFO Anthony Noto intends to make Twitter this biggest brand on the Internet, and the so-called "Noto Factor" could be driving up the stock, too.
Cramer said he did not recommend the stock at $38 because he could not figure it out, and says he would be just as bad as all the analysts who upgraded it if he comes out now and says he likes it at $47. If it comes down, then he will say it is a buy, but he has no standing to recommend it at $47. He is simply admitting it, unlike the analysts who now love it after they hated it.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV