NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Carlyle Group LP (CG) are up 1.05% to $34.75 after the alternative asset management firm said its second quarter earnings doubled from a year ago as one of its European buyout funds started paying performance fees, highlighting the growth potential of its private equity business in Europe, Reuters reports.
While two U.S. buyout funds accounted for more than half of all of Carlyle's performance fees in the quarter, the firm said its third European buyout fund was now also a contributor.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV