NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Zeltiq Aesthetics (ZLTQ) are surging 30.56% to $21.66, hitting a six month high today, after releasing positive second quarter earnings and an upbeat full year outlook, helped by increasing momentum in CoolSculpting sales, its fat cell removal devices.
The company reported net income for the second quarter of 2014 of $2.8 million, or 7 cents per share, up from a net loss of $3.6 million, or -10 cents per share in the same quarter the previous year, and beating analysts' consensus estimate of -13 cents by 20 cents.
Revenue for the second quarter was up 79.1% from the same quarter of 2013 at $47.1 million, beating the consensus estimate of $34.93 million.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. The medical device development company increased its full year 2014 revenue guidance to $160 million and $165 million, up from the prior $137 million to $140 million, and more than the consensus of $140.1 million.
ZLTQ data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV