Twitter Co-Founder Biz Stone, Industry Execs Highlight Day Two At GBTA Convention
LOS ANGELES, July 30, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Global Business Travel Association—the voice of the global business travel industry—kicked off the second day of GBTA Convention 2014 with CBS' Travel Editor Peter Greenberg interviewing Doug Parker, CEO, American Airlines Group and American Airlines.
Parker discussed American Airlines' outstanding second quarter earnings, the challenges that come with the integration in a major merger and the argument in favor of airfare transparency. On the inherent challenges with integrating two airlines, he said, "Our goal is to integrate first and then innovate. It is a slow process but worth the time in order to do it right." He echoed the opinion of other airline CEOs who have spoken over the past two days when he called for a national aviation policy.
Following Parker, Steve Singh, CEO, Concur spoke to attendees about his views on the future of travel, the concept of the perfect trip and the importance of working together as an industry. When talking about how to create the perfect trip, Singh said it will take the industry coming together as a community working together on an open platform. "Innovation of singular companies can be inspiring but it is nothing compared to innovation of communities."
The final featured speaker of the day was Twitter co-founder Biz Stone. In his easy, laid-back style Stone told 7,000 attendees about the lessons he has learned, the importance of change, creativity and spectacular failure. He told the crowd that his philosophy has always been people first, technology second. And when describing Twitter he said it was not a triumph of technology but rather a triumph for humanity. His presentation was thoughtful and inspiring. He urged the crowd to make their own opportunities and not to wait for them to appear.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV