The firm said it lowered its rating on the diversified energy company because the "halo effect from the rally in power and gas" has faded.
UBS cut its price target on FirstEnergy to $26 from $31.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- FE's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 10.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electric Utilities industry average. The net income increased by 6.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $196.00 million to $208.00 million.
- FIRSTENERGY CORP's earnings per share declined by 37.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FIRSTENERGY CORP reported lower earnings of $0.90 versus $1.80 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.50 versus $0.90).
- The gross profit margin for FIRSTENERGY CORP is rather low; currently it is at 16.69%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 4.96% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$92.00 million or 284.00% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FE Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV