A Valley Stream couple was robbed yesterday by persons masquerading as water company workers. New York American Water urges everyone to remain vigilant, by asking for photo identification of anyone at their door claiming to be a utility worker. All of New York American Water service personnel have photo identification badges with New York American Water’s logo and employee information on them. Additionally, they wear uniforms and drive vehicles with our logo plainly visible.
“Take time to examine the photo ID whenever anyone arrives at your home claiming to be from the water company, or any other utility for that matter,” said Brian Bruce, vice president of operations. “If you’re still unsure about the person’s identity, don’t hesitate to call one of our customer service professionals toll free at (877) 426-6999 to confirm before you open your door.”
New York American Water, a subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK), is the largest investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water services to more than 370,000 people.
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs approximately 6,600 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 14 million people in more than 40 states and parts of Canada. More information can be found by visiting
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV