- Company's 2013 "Committed to More " Sustainability Report Highlights Energy, Efficiency and Humanitarian Achievements
- More Commitment to Transparency by Becoming One of First U.S. Companies to Adopt New Comprehensive Level of Sustainability Reporting
- More Reductions as absolute carbon emissions decrease 1.5%
- More Lower-Emission Vehicles Hitting the Road as fleet logged 55 million miles and avoided the use of 5.8 million gallons of conventional gasoline and diesel
- More than 1.5M gallons of fuel saved annually through ORION Route Optimization
- More Sustainable Supply Chain Options for Customers like carbon neutral shipping for packages, documents, cargo or freight to anywhere in world
- More Resilient Global Communities through Humanitarian Aid as UPS enabled 250 humanitarian shipments across 46 countries
ATLANTA, July 30, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- UPS ® (NYSE:UPS) today released its 12 th annual Sustainability Report announcing that in addition to reducing overall carbon emissions in 2013, the company also met its 2016 goal of reducing its air and ground fleet's carbon intensity by 10 percent three years early. Thus, the company has set a new goal to achieve a 20 percent reduction in carbon intensity from transportation by 2020.
The 2013 report documents UPS's ongoing efforts to increase sustainability through its "Committed to More™" approach. Noting that sustainability is often discussed in terms of doing less, UPS is committed to efficiently providing more - for customers, the environment, and communities around the world. The report also highlights the continued achievement of the company's greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction goals, as well as the measureable impact of its humanitarian initiatives.
"As a global logistics company dependent on vehicles and fuel to move nearly 17 million packages and documents a day, sustainability and growth are inextricably linked," said Scott Davis, UPS chairman and chief executive officer. "Our ability to grow our global shipping volumes and reduce total carbon emissions should be a signal to business that it is possible to do more for the environment while also serving more customers and adding more value."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts