HAMPTON, N.J., July 30, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Celldex Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq:CLDX) today announced three promotions in the Company's clinical and research departments:
- Tibor Keler, PhD promoted to Executive Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer;
- Thomas Davis, MD promoted to Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer; and
- Elizabeth Crowley promoted to Senior Vice President, Product Development.
"We continue to build an exceptional team of senior leaders at Celldex who are committed to advancing our pipeline and improving the lives of patients facing cancer," said Anthony Marucci, President and Chief Executive Officer of Celldex. "These promotions are a direct reflection of the critical roles Tibor, Tom and Beth have played over the years in executing on these goals. As co-founder of Celldex, Tibor has led the scientific and technological development that now underpins an extraordinary pipeline of targeted therapeutics and future preclinical candidates. Tom, who joined Celldex soon after we started the Company, has been integral in leading the clinical development of our programs, with five candidates in clinical studies, including two in potential registration studies. Beth, who joined us in 2009, is responsible for the execution of our development programs, expertly overseeing the coordination and successful completion of the programs, including more than 30 company- and investigator-sponsored clinical trials. The combined experience and expertise of these three leaders has and will continue to be very important to our success as we move toward commercialization."
Tibor Keler, PhD has been promoted to Executive Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer of Celldex. Dr. Keler is a founder of Celldex and most recently served as the Company's Senior Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer. Prior to that, Dr. Keler was Senior Director of Preclinical Development and Principal Scientist at Medarex from September 1993 to March 2004. While at Medarex, he was responsible for the preclinical development of a number of Medarex clinical product candidates, including ipilimumab. In addition, Dr. Keler was responsible for the development of Celldex's core technology and related products. Dr. Keler received his BS in Unified Science and MS in Biology from Drexel University, and PhD in Microbiology from the University of Pennsylvania.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV