- Achieved reported net income attributable to shareholders from continuing operations of $182 million, or $0.37 per basic share, and adjusted net income 1 of $101 million, or $0.20 per basic share;
- Reduced costs applicable to sales (CAS) by 17 percent to $744 per ounce of gold and by 67 percent to $2.53 per pound of copper over second quarter 2013 including current and prior period inventory adjustments;
- Generated cost savings of $359 million in gold all-in sustaining costs 2 (AISC);
- Generated cash from continuing operations of $378 million and $124 million in free cash flow from continuing operations;
- Delivered 1.2 million ounces and 20,000 tonnes of attributable gold and copper production, respectively;
- Improved gold CAS outlook 3 by three percent to $720 to $760 per ounce in 2014;
- Increased attributable gold production outlook by two percent to 4.7 to 5.0 million ounces in 2014;
- Announced a decision to develop the Merian project in Suriname;
- Announced the sale of the Jundee operation in Australia for total proceeds of approximately $94 million, bringing the total value of divestments to nearly $800 million in the last year; and
- Declared a third quarter dividend of $0.025 per share in accordance with the Company’s gold price-linked dividend policy 4.
Newmont Announces $378 Million In Operating Cash Flow, Improved Cost And Production Outlook And Approval Of Merian
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.