NEW YORK (TheStreet) --Shares of NutriSystem Inc.
(NTRI) are lower by -9.42% to $16.25 in after-hours trading after the company issued earnings per share guidance for its 2014 third quarter in the range of 12 cents to 17 cents, below the Capital IQ consensus of 22 cents per share.
The weight loss management company said it's expecting revenue to be between $85 million and $90 million, compared to the consensus estimate of $94.49 million.
However, the company reported an increase in net income to $8.70 million for the 2014 second quarter, from $6.35 million for the same period last year.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
NutriSystem said adjusted EBITDA for the 2014 second quarter rose to $17 million, from $13.5 million from the 2013 second quarter.
NutriSystem's earnings per share increased 36% to 30 cents versus 22 cents for the year ago quarter, beating the Capital IQ consensus estimate of 27 cents per share.
Revenue also increased 14% to $111.1 million, compared to $97.5 million for the comparable 2013 second quarter, slightly higher than the consensus estimate of $110.52 million.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV