NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Six companies report their quarterly results before the opening bell on Wednesday. Five of these stocks have year-to-date gains of 16% to 27% led by health care providers Humana (HUM) and WellPoint (WLP), up 27% and 25%, respectively.
The lone loser is the retailer of hardwood flooring Lumber Liquidators (LL), which is down 46% for the year to date as investors liquidate positions.Let's take a look at the stock profiles. Two "crunching the numbers" tables follow. Garmin ($57.52) set a multiyear intraday high at $62.05 on July 3 and is below its 50-day simple moving average at $58.71 with its 200-day SMA at $52.32. Analysts expect the company to report earnings per share of 75 cents. Garmin has a 12-month trailing price-to-earnings ratio of 20.9 with a dividend yield of 3.3%. The weekly chart is negative with its five-week modified moving average at $57.88. Annual value levels are $53.06 and $50.81 with a semiannual pivot at $56.72 and weekly and monthly risky levels at $59.18 and $61.70, respectively. Goodyear Tire ($27.76) set a multiyear intraday high at $28.70 on July 23 with the stock on the cusp of its 21-day SMA at $27.79 and is above its 50-day and 200-day SMAs at $27.03 and $24.95, respectively. Analysts expect the company to report earnings of 80 cents. Goodyear has a 12 month trailing P/E ratio of 10.0 with a dividend yield at 0.9%. Read More: iPhone 6 Coming At Right Time As World Moves to Large Smartphones The weekly chart is positive but overbought with its five-week MMA at $27.49. Semiannual and annual value levels are $25.85 and $18.64, respectively, with a quarterly pivot at $28.17 and weekly and monthly risky levels at $29.09 and $29.75, respectively. Hess ($99.83) set a multiyear intraday high at $100.98 on July 24. The stock is above all key moving averages in today's first "crunching the numbers" table.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV