NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of DineEquity Inc. (DIN) are higher by 6.64% to $83.99 in early afternoon trading on Tuesday, after the company reported an increase in adjusted net income to $22.1 million, or $1.16 per diluted share for the 2014 second quarter, compared to $19.7 million, or $1.02 per diluted share for the same period last year.
The company, which owns and franchises the Applebee's and IHOP restaurant chains, said GAAP net income increased to $18.9 million, or $1 per diluted share for the most recent quarter, from $16.6 million, or 87 cents per diluted share for the 2013 second quarter.
DineEquity's total segment revenue for the latest quarter was $160.5 million versus $158.1 million for the comparable 2013 quarter.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates DINEEQUITY INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate DINEEQUITY INC (DIN) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year, reasonable valuation levels, increase in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated."
DIN data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV