NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet’s Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, said he is reducing his exposure to the retail and restaurant industries simply because they aren't giving him a reason to invest in them right now.
Read More: 4 Stocks Warren Buffett Is Selling in 2014Cramer said too many companies are trying to become the next Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG - Get Report), but are struggling to do so, pointing out that Noodles is having problems generating sales in the mid-Atlantic. The whole industry is “spotty,” he said, “except for Chipotle.”
- - Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts