The company increased the size of its secondary offering to 19 million shares from 18 million shares. Brandywine Realty priced the offering for gross proceeds of $296.4 million. The underwriters of the offering have a 30-day option to purchase up to 2.85 million additional shares.
Brandywine Realty Trust will contribute the net proceeds from the offering to Brandywine Operating Partnership in exchange for partnership units. Brandywine Operating Partnership will use the proceeds for working capital, capital expenditures, and general corporate purposes.
TheStreet Ratings team rates BRANDYWINE REALTY TRUST as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate BRANDYWINE REALTY TRUST (BDN) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The gross profit margin for BRANDYWINE REALTY TRUST is rather low; currently it is at 22.67%. Regardless of BDN's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BDN's net profit margin of 1.45% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 69.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $7.12 million to $2.19 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BDN Ratings Report