NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Microsoft
(MSFT - Get Report) shares may be affected after China's State Administration for Industry and Commerce announced that it was conducting an anti-monopoly investigation of the company.
Officials from the SAIC raided the company's headquarters in Beijing and branches in Shanghai, Guangzhou and Chengdu yesterday after the agency said that initial inquiries did not put the company "above suspicion".
"The administration believes the previous investigation cannot eliminate that Microsoft engaged in monopolistic behavior. The administration has launched an investigation of Microsoft's monopolistic behavior," said the agency.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Microsoft shares are down -0.15% to $43.91 on Tuesday.
TheStreet Ratings team rates MICROSOFT CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
- MSFT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 10.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- MSFT's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.25 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, MSFT has a quick ratio of 2.31, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, MSFT's share price has jumped by 38.92%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MSFT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 61.17% to $9,514.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 39.30%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MSFT Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts