NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Corning Inc. (GLW) are sinking -9.32% to $20 today after the company reported a mixed second quarter with an EPS missing analyst expectations, but better-than-expected revenue.
The glass maker reported adjusted earnings of 37 cents, up 16% from 32 cents a year ago, but below the analysts estimate of 38 cents.
Revenue was up 27.5% to $2.58 billion, higher than the $2.53 billion consensus.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
The company forecast that LCD glass volume will grow by a mid-single percentage sequentially in the third quarter, while glass price declines will continue to moderate.
GLW data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV