ADT (NYSE: ADT), the leader in home security and automation, is teaming up with local communities, neighborhood groups, municipalities and law enforcement agencies on August 5 to recognize and support National Night Out. The community-building campaign is designed to raise awareness for crime prevention and generate support for local anti-crime programs including police-community partnerships. Every summer, the initiative engages nearly 38 million people and more than 16,000 communities from all 50 states.
“The lifeblood of ADT is our commitment to protect what matters most,” said Alan D. Ferber, president of ADT Residential. “We know that feeling safe in your surroundings extends beyond a secure home into the neighborhood and community. From walking to school to playing in your backyard, through this program we’re helping provide families with everyday tools to address their security needs.”
As a proud sponsor of National Night Out, ADT will be participating in local market events around the country alongside local leaders and law enforcement officials, working to educate communities on ways to protect and secure their homes and neighborhoods. With a security system like ADT Pulse®, homeowners can keep an eye on their families through real-time video alerts and 24/7 monitoring service in the event of an emergency or break-in.
NATW project coordinator, Matt Peskin said, “It’s a wonderful opportunity for communities nationwide to promote police-community partnerships, crime prevention, and neighborhood camaraderie. While the one night is certainly not an answer to stop all crime, National Night Out represents the kind of spirit, energy and determination to help make neighborhoods a safer place year round, and we are proud to have ADT support us.”Leading up to the event, ADT offers the following tips to help keep everyone in their household and in the community aware, protected and secure:
- If you’ve just moved into a new home, remember to change all of the locks. And if you’ll be out of town, never hide a key outside your home.
- If you are headed on vacation, don’t announce it on social media! Instead, tell a neighbor that you trust.
- Manage landscaping. The most basic measures, such as keeping shrubs trimmed so burglars cannot hide, or planting thorny bushes in front of windows often serve as deterrents for criminals.
- Last, expect and prepare for the unexpected in your home. From carbon monoxide to house fire, be vigilant and use monitored security to protect yourself. In fact, homes without an alarm system are three times more likely to be burglarized than homes with one! 1
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV