Regency Centers Corporation (NYSE: REG), a national owner, operator and developer of grocery-anchored community shopping centers, is proud to announce a groundbreaking ceremony for the start of construction on a new 40,000 square foot Whole Foods Market ®. The new store, located 25 miles from downtown Chicago in Schererville, Ind., is projected to open in the fall of 2015, joining existing tenants Homegoods, Gordmans, Ross Dress for Less, DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse and many others. The Shops on Main center is located along Schererville’s main corridor at the high-volume intersection of Route 41 and Main Street. The center sits in a prime location of a thriving market with over 100,000 residents living within the primary trade area.
A view from the groundbreaking ceremony marking the start of construction on the new 40,000 square foot Whole Foods Market. (Photo: Business Wire)
“We are proud to join the Schererville community and share with the residents our fresh, natural and organic products,” says Michael Bashaw, Midwest Regional President, Whole Foods Market. “We have received many requests to locate a store in this area and our team members are looking forward to opening another store in the great state of Indiana. We have customers in the community who are driving long distances to shop at our stores and are happy to now be able to offer them the convenience of having a local store of their own.”
Town officials as well as members of the Whole Foods Market, Boyer Properties, and Regency Centers, gathered for the official groundbreaking. In addition, Whole Foods, Boyer and Regency Center presented the Food Bank of Northwest Indiana with a donation of $5,000 to help further their efforts of ending hunger throughout the region.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV