As a supplier to an industry driven by strict safety standards and quality controls, Charles Seafoods Supply knows there is little room for errors. Gaining advantage requires flawless execution. And to fuel it, the company, has turned to SAP’s Ariba® Network.
Like many small, family-owned enterprises, Charles Seafoods Supply took a largely manual approach to interacting with customers. Until recently, orders were faxed or called in by phone. Invoices were sent by mail. And while the company had successfully established itself as one of the best suppliers to the seafood industry in the Philippines, owner Mayette Yulo decided it was time for a change.
Manual processes were making orders difficult to track and manage and often causing errors that led to delivery delays. Paper invoices were tough to trace and provided little visibility into the status and timing of payments. So Yulo set out to digitize things.
The effort began with creating an online catalog on through which customers could view and order the company’s products with just a few clicks. Then the company started collaborating around invoices. And it quickly saw results, including:
- A 75 percent boost in order accuracy
- An 80 percent reduction in late or overdue payments
- A 30 reduction in days sales outstanding
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV