Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. (NYSE: VSH), one of the world’s largest manufacturers of discrete semiconductors and passive components, today announced its results for the fiscal quarter and six fiscal months ended June 28, 2014.
Revenues for the fiscal quarter ended June 28, 2014 were $641.9 million, compared to $597.7 million for the fiscal quarter ended June 29, 2013. The net earnings attributable to Vishay stockholders for the fiscal quarter ended June 28, 2014 were $35.6 million, or $0.23 per diluted share, compared to $31.3 million, or $0.21 per diluted share for the fiscal quarter ended June 29, 2013.
Net earnings attributable to Vishay stockholders for the fiscal quarter ended June 28, 2014 include restructuring and severance costs of $9.0 million. Net earnings attributable to Vishay stockholders for the fiscal quarter ended June 29, 2013 include an adjustment of $1.8 million related to performance-based stock compensation for certain former executives, following a determination that achievement of the three-year performance targets was no longer probable. These costs had been originally reported as a separate line item upon cessation of employment of these executives in 2011, and accordingly, this adjustment is also reported as a separate line item. Adjusted net earnings per diluted share, which exclude these items, were $0.27 and $0.20 for the fiscal quarters ended June 28, 2014 and June 29, 2013, respectively.
Commenting on the results for the second quarter 2014, Dr. Gerald Paul, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated, “The revenues for the second quarter were at the anticipated level but at higher margins than expected. Industrial and automotive demand remained strong in all regions. Point of sale, the sales of Vishay products by its distributors to end customers, increased 1.5% quarter over quarter as did inventories of Vishay products at its distributors. Lead times continue to be under control.”Dr. Paul continued, “We are following our Growth Plan:
- Accelerating development of new products and technologies
- Penetrating the Asian industrial markets
- Expanding manufacturing capacities for strategic product lines to ensure short lead times.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV