NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Cognex
(CGNX) shares are up 18.6% to $44.85 in after-hours trading on Monday after raising its third quarter revenue guidance to between $165 million - $170 million, well ahead of analysts revenue expectations of $141.98 million.
The machine vision products manufacturer reported second quarter earning of 32 cents per diluted share, 10 cents better than analysts estimates, on revenue of $108.80 million that came in ahead of analysts $103.25 million guidance.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates COGNEX CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate COGNEX CORP (CGNX) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value." CGNX data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV