3 Stocks Pushing The Services Sector Lower
- The gross profit margin for VIRTUALSCOPICS INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 32.24%. Regardless of VSCP's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, VSCP's net profit margin of -27.44% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- VSCP has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 13.98% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Life Sciences Tools & Services industry and the overall market, VIRTUALSCOPICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- VSCP, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 21.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.1%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- VIRTUALSCOPICS INC has improved earnings per share by 42.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. During the past fiscal year, VIRTUALSCOPICS INC continued to lose money by earning -$1.02 versus -$1.10 in the prior year.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts