NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Tyson Foods
(TSN - Get Report) shares continue to gain, up 2.6% to $40.56, on Monday after announcing that it was selling its Brazilian and Mexican poultry businesses to JBS Pilgrim's Pride for $575 million.
Tyson Foods outbid JBS for Hillshire Brands (HSH) earlier this month in a $63 per share deal for the packaged food maker, and the proceeds from the sale of its Mexican and Brazilian poultry assets will go towards helping to pay down debt from the Hillshrie deal.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
The company also reported an 11% rise in year over year third quarter revenues to $9.63 billion during the period, ahead of analysts $9.5 billion estimates before the opening bell today.
The food production company reported earnings of $260 million, or 75 cents per diluted share, 3 cents short of analysts expectations.
- TSN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 36.36% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 46.91% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TSN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- TYSON FOODS INC has improved earnings per share by 36.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TYSON FOODS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.32 versus $1.68 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.90 versus $2.32).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Food Products industry. The net income increased by 124.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $95.00 million to $213.00 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TSN Ratings Report