NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Herbalife (HLF - Get Report) reports second-quarter earnings after the closing bell on Tuesday, and here's what analysts are expecting from the nutrition and weight management company.
The consensus estimate calls for Herbalife to report earnings of $1.57 a share on revenue of $1.36 billion. The company reported EPS of $1.50 in the first quarter to beat analysts' expectations of $1.30.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Personal Products industry and the overall market, HERBALIFE LTD's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $190.65 million or 38.52% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 12.09%.
- The gross profit margin for HERBALIFE LTD is rather high; currently it is at 51.55%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.91% trails the industry average.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: HLF Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts