- Core Laboratory: Abbott recently launched a next generation automation solution, the ACCELERATOR a3600, which doubles per-hour processing capacity compared to previous systems. By partnering with Abbott, studies have shown a core lab can eliminate a significant percentage of associated operating costs through automation and standardization of testing.
- Molecular: Abbott's m2000 RealTi me System for automated infectious disease molecular testing gives labs the ability to handle greater volumes at reduced costs on a single platform. Labs that use Abbott's molecular automated solutions may process the same number of tests with fewer instruments.
- Point of Care: Used at a patient's bedside, the i- STAT System allows physicians and nurses to quickly and accurately analyze lab-quality results within minutes, rather than hours, to accelerate decision-making and ensure patients receive the most effective and efficient care.
- Informatics: Abbott provides laboratories with a powerful suite of informatics solutions to manage large volumes of data across health care systems, helping labs simplify complex processes to make information actionable. Leading hospitals, reference labs, and blood banks use Abbott's informatics technology to help treat and monitor various diseases and medical conditions.
- Bio-Identification: When a patient is admitted to the hospital with a suspected infection, clinicians try to determine the cause using testing technology that may take days to weeks, potentially leading to significant delays in appropriate treatment. Abbott's IRIDICA platform, currently under development and targeted for release in CE-marked European countries within 12 months, has the potential to change the way doctors diagnose serious infections.
Abbott To Showcase Innovations To Help Labs Solve Health Care Challenges At The American Association For Clinical Chemistry Lab Expo
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.