SAN JOSE, Calif., July 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Extreme Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXTR), a leader in high performance networking, today announced global industry recognition and customer acceptance for Purview, the company's first-of-its-kind network-powered application analytics and network optimization solution.
In the last month, Purview has been awarded with two technology Innovation awards. In the United States, SearchNetworking.com, a leading source for technology news and analysis, recognized Purview as the recipient of its 2014 Network Innovation Award, chosen by the editorial staff as an emerging network technology that is unique to the market and addresses pressing enterprise requirements. In Europe, Purview was selected as the 2014 IT Leader in the Infrastructure Innovation category, awarded at the IT Future Awards Gala held in Warsaw, Poland.
Product & Momentum Highlights:
- The momentum of deployment across industries began in January when Extreme partnered with the National Football League (NFL) to become the Official Wi-Fi Analytics Provider of the League, helping teams manage and leverage big data to allow fans get the ultimate game-day experience. Purview is currently deployed to monitor and measure fan experience at: Ford Field, home of the Detroit Lions; Lincoln Financial Field, home of the Philadelphia Eagles; Gillette Stadium, home of the New England Patriots; and MetLife Stadium, home of the New York Giants, New York Jets and Super Bowl XLVIII.
- Troy School District in Troy, Michigan selected Purview to increase visibility into application usage across the network, helping the district ultimately improve the experience of students and faculty and optimize application performance for best-in-class reliability.
- At HIMSS 2014 in February, Extreme Networks was selected to power the intelligent hospital pavilion. Purview is the healthcare industry's first and only solution to offer care providers, clinics and hospitals unprecedented visibility into the application use across their networks, by detecting behavior, devices and content over both wired and wireless networks.
Executive Perspectives Dan Dulac, vice president of solution strategy, Extreme Networks "Purview was built to bridge the gap between IT network management, security and business analytics to help enterprises increase productivity, monetize the network and reduce costs. The combination of industry accolades and an array of industry deployments solidifies the importance of Purview in today's changing network landscape. We look forward to the continued growth and success of Purview in the second half of 2014."Mike Leibovitz, director of mobility and applications, Extreme Networks "We are honored to be acknowledged with these industry awards as it validates Purview's significance across all industries, including health, education, sports and many other industries. Purview provides a variety of unique benefits from application analytics for better business decisions to optimized network management for a better user experience and improved security." Additional Resources:
- Purview homepage
- NFL Purview Announcement
- HIMSS 2014 Purview Announcement
- Troy School District Purview Announcement
- Purview Case Study: University of New Hampshire
- Purview Case Study: Large Hospital Environment
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV