Average daily table wins were about 886 million Hong Kong dollars for the week ending July 27 according to Nomura analysts Louise Cheung and Harry C. Curtis. That's higher than the daily average of 815 million Hong Kong dollars in the rest of July.
"We believe mass trends remained strong during the week and VIP roll improved but VIP revenues were impacted by below average win rate," the analysts wrote. "We further believe Galaxy and MGM may have held low during the week." The analysts noted that July gaming revenue from Macau could be down between -5% and -2% from the year-ago month, compared to a consensus range of -7% to flat.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 2000.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 61.66% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- 37.27% is the gross profit margin for MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, MGM's net profit margin of 4.11% significantly trails the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.98 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, MGM maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.78, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MGM Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV