Average daily table wins were about 886 million Hong Kong dollars for the week ending July 27 according to Nomura analysts Louise Cheung and Harry C. Curtis. That's higher than the daily average of 815 million Hong Kong dollars in the rest of July.
"We believe mass trends remained strong during the week and VIP roll improved but VIP revenues were impacted by below average win rate," the analysts wrote. "We further believe Galaxy and MGM may have held low during the week." The analysts noted that July gaming revenue from Macau could be down between -5% and -2% from the year-ago month, compared to a consensus range of -7% to flat.
Other casinos operating in Macau including Las Vegas Sands (LVS - Get Report), Melco Crown Entertainment (MPEL - Get Report), and Wynn Resorts (WYNN - Get Report) were also gaining from the report according to Barron's.Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL (MGM) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 2000.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 61.66% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- 37.27% is the gross profit margin for MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, MGM's net profit margin of 4.11% significantly trails the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.98 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, MGM maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.78, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MGM Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts