NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Cummins
(CMI) reported second quarter earnings of $2.43 per share that was 4 cents better than analysts were expecting for the quarter.
The diesel engine manufacturer also reported a 6.9% revenue increase to $4.84 billion that was slightly ahead of analysts $4.82 billion estimates.
However, Cummins shares are down -3.8% to $144.46 on Monday despite the earnings beat after raising its full year guidance to between 8% and 11%, a midpoint that fell below analysts expectations of $18.899 billion for the year.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates CUMMINS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate CUMMINS INC (CMI) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, increase in net income and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow." CMI data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV