Fibria Celulose SA Stock Upgraded (FBR)
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- FIBRIA CELULOSE SA reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, FIBRIA CELULOSE SA continued to lose money by earning -$0.54 versus -$0.63 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.19 versus -$0.54).
- 42.88% is the gross profit margin for FIBRIA CELULOSE SA which we consider to be strong. Regardless of FBR's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Paper & Forest Products industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, FIBRIA CELULOSE SA underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- FBR has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 10.50% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.