NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Lincoln Electric Holdings Inc. (LECO) are higher by 3.98% to $69.43 in mid-morning trading on Monday after the company reported an increase in net earnings to $77.3 million, or 96 cents per diluted share for the most recent quarter, compared to $72.6 million, or 87 cents per diluted for the 2013 second quarter.
The company, which manufacturers welding, cutting, and blazing products, said adjusted net income was $81.5 million, or $1.01 per diluted share versus $75.7 million, or 91 cents per diluted share for the same period last year.
Lincoln Electric's revenue for the 2014 second quarter increased slightly to $728.5 million from $727.4 million for the comparable 2013 period.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates LINCOLN ELECTRIC HLDGS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate LINCOLN ELECTRIC HLDGS INC (LECO) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
LECO data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV