NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Armstrong World Industries Inc. (AWI) are down by -7.51% to $51.21 on heavy volume in mid-morning trading on Monday after the company reported adjusted diluted earnings per share of 60 cents for the 2014 second quarter, below the Capital IQ consensus estimate of 66 cents.
The company, which is a global producer of flooring products and ceiling systems, reported a 0.5% growth in revenue to $710 million for the most recent quarter, falling short of the consensus estimate of $727.12 million.
Armstrong lowered its 2014 full year estimates to between $2.15 and $2.40, from $2.55 to $2.80. Analysts are expecting earnings of $2.60 for the year.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates ARMSTRONG WORLD INDUSTRIES as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate ARMSTRONG WORLD INDUSTRIES (AWI) a BUY. This is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, reasonable valuation levels, increase in stock price during the past year and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow." AWI data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV