NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Nissan Motor Co. (NSANY) looks to increase sales and profitability in the U.S., its biggest market, the company said, after Japan's number two automaker reported a 14% jump in quarterly U.S. sales, closing in on rival Honda Motor Co. (HMC) , Reuetrs reports.
In the first six months of the year, Nissan's U.S. sales were up 12.8%, making it the sixth-best selling car maker in the country. It surpassed Hyundai Motor Co. and is closing in on Honda, whose sales slipped 0.8% during the same period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV