Amazon operates two warehouses or "fulfillment centers" on the outskirts of Mumbai and Bangalore. The new facilities will be opened in Delhi, Chennai, Jaipur, Ahmedabad and outside Gurgaon.
The expansion will allow Amazon to extend its same-day and next-day delivery services in these cities, Reuters reports.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 23.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Although AMZN's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.29 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average.
- AMAZON.COM INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AMAZON.COM INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.58 versus -$0.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.09 versus $0.58).
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $862.00 million or 2.04% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow AMAZON.COM INC is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -16.40%.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet & Catalog Retail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 1700.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$7.00 million to -$126.00 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AMZN Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts