Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- When the consensus changes, the buyers change, too, Jim Cramer told his Mad Money viewers Wednesday. That's why all of the stocks that were being sold Tuesday were suddenly being bought today. The markets simply changed their minds, literally overnight.
Cramer explained that previously, the general wisdom was that the economy was accelerating and things were getting better around the globe. But now the markets are betting the economy has peaked and we're slowly heading back downhill.
Thank You, RussiaThings are really starting to look up for the American consumer, all thanks to, of all things, Russia. Cramer said Russia's decision to ban all U.S. poultry imports has been reported negatively in the media, but unless you're a chicken farmer the ban is very good news. Cramer explained that almost immediately after the ban took place, prices for chicken, cattle, hogs and grains all started falling sharply. The building blocks of the American diet have just gotten cheaper, Cramer said, and that means more money will be left in consumers' pockets to spend on other things. When the Federal Reserve last spoke, it noted that inflation was largely in check, except for a few key areas. But with food prices falling along with gasoline and natural gas, inflation will surely not be a problem going forward. Even home prices are seeing relief.
Read More: Want a Hydrogen-Fueled Car? It’ll Cost You Double So while the media may imply that our economy is being harmed by Russia, in fact the boost in spending thanks to food price relief has only just begun.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV